Website Tractor Supply Company
As a Groomer, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the customer
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Groomers are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Groomer by able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Responsible for all aspects of pet grooming including grooming (clipper and hand scissor), bathing and conditioning, brushing, clipping/dremel nails, ear cleaning, anal gland expression and teeth brushing.
- Assists in generating business by calling existing and new customers, scheduling appointments, follow-up phone calls and reminders to customers, and verifying vaccinations.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of animals.
- Inspects animals for external signs of parasites, disease or injury and reports findings to pet owners.
- Sanitizes and maintains upkeep of all grooming tools and equipment to eliminates injury and spread of diseases to other pet clients.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work area to reduce risk to human and animal clients.
- Maintains records of all pet clients to include services provided and vaccination records.
- Assist team members on appropriate application of policies and procedures
- Operate cash register/computer/mobile POS as needed
- Recovery of store, if needed.
Experience : Minimum of 1 year of professional experience grooming/styling pets. Successful completion of designate pet grooming program preferred. Must be comfortable working with dogs and cats. Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion for animals. Must provide own tools (clippers, blades, shears) etc.
Education : High school diploma or equivalent
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications : None
Other Certifications : Pesticide Certification as required by state law.
Other Knowledge, Skills Or Abilities
- Operate and use all grooming tools and equipment including bathing tubs, brushes, steel combs, barber shears, scissors, clippers, driers, and bathing products such as perfumed shampoo and soaps
- Process information/merchandise through computer system and POS Register system
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Display compassion with animals and treat them accordingly
- Exhibit attention to detail
- Read, write and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Lift and carry pets general weighing 0-50 pounds
- Work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as business needs dictate
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Safely work around pets and pet waste
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally on hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperatures are adequate.
- Exposure to sharp grooming instruments, perfumed shampoos and soaps, pets and pets waste.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical And Mental Requirements
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties effective, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and maintain a stationary position for up to 8 hours while grooming animals.
- Ability to frequently move for 4-8 hours per day around the salon to groom animals, clean, and maintain the salon.
- Ability to utilize grooming instruments including shears and dryers.
- Ability to occasionally lift overhead.
- Ability to bend, kneel, and squat frequently to position oneself to groom animals, clean shelves, stock merchandise and equipment.
- Ability to constantly operate equipment such as computer, cash register, mobile POS system and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to successfully complete all required company training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.