Website The Shave Barber Company
$42,000 – $72,000 a year
Cutting men’s hair, 1 year (Preferred)
Cutting straight hair, 1 year (Preferred)
Atlanta, GA 30306 (Required)
Georgia Barber’s or Cosmetology (Required)
Work in one of Atlanta’s most popular barbershops and be your own boss. Take home 100% of your earnings with reasonable chair rent. Most of our barbers and stylists earn between $42,000-$72,000 a year while only working 4 days a week(usually 8.5 hour long days, but you determine your own hours). Earn more by adding additional time to your day or additional days to your week. You choose!
Two types of people will apply: 1) Bring your existing client book and earn more at The Shave with out 100% earnings and reasonable chair rental fee. -OR- 2) Start your career as we will feed you as many clients as you can handle as our clients historically have been mostly walk-ins and typically ask for first available.
We are seeking the best of the best. Whether you have had a seasoned career or just graduated at the top of your class, you should apply. We need applicants for both barber and cosmetologist positions and must have a current Georgia license.
The Shave Barber Company is a men’s retreat where Atlanta’s hippest clients expect the best quality and service. Our location and quality have lead to an amazing word of mouth reputation, and consistent heavy foot traffic. You will not be responsible for scheduling your clients. The Shave front desk managers take care of that for you along with our online appointment scheduling option for clients. Our clients demographic is roughly 85% Caucasian, so clients must be proficient in cutting straight hair.
What we offer:
- Employment Status: Our barbers and cosmetologists are independent contractors. You are your own boss. You have the freedom to change your available hours anytime, take time off whenever you want and decide how much or little you work or earn.
- Compensation: 100% of earnings less chair rental, deposited into your account at the end of each day.
- Work Week: Typically 4 days/week
- We take care of all of the laundry
- We maintain shop supplies and retail product inventory
- We maintain our shop’s cleanliness and sanitation much higher than board standards
- We will assist in hair sweeping between clients, checking out of clients and scheduling of future appointments
- We offer beverage service to your clients
- We make sure your time in the chair cutting is maximized so that your earnings are as high as possible. So much better that completely independent in a drab salon suite or the like.
- You are part of a team of 6-12 other barbers and enjoy the comradery of others.
What we seek:
- Have at least two years experience cutting majority straight hair clients.
- Be well rounded in terms of different men’s cuts and techniques: medium length gentlemen’s cuts, bald fades, beard shaping and trimming.
- Comfortable using shears as well as trimmers.
- Self Motivated.
- Be Dependable, Reliable and Professional.
- Someone looking for a place to hang their hat for a while, not a person that moves from place to place.
Please Provide a cover letter that answers the following questions or we will not move forward with your application:
- Can you provide a zero or skin fade in 30 minutes or less?
- Do you have a current Georgia cosmetologist or barbers license(which one)?
- Can you give your best straight razor shave under 30 minutes comfortably(if applicable)
- How many years of licensed cutting experience do you have?
- How many years cutting straight hair clients do you have?
- Do you know how to trim large beards?
- Are you comfortable cutting majority straight hair clients?
- What do you like most about this profession?
Once this is complete you will be asked to provide photos of your most recent work before moving forward with the interview process (providing your instagram profile could suffice)
Please check us out on instagram where you can see pictures of our typical clients style, pictures of the lines that can form before we open each day, and pics of us having a great time doing what we love.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Pay: $42,000.00 – $72,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
We value the health and safety of our employees and clients and therefore adopted numerous measures to keep us safe from COVID: Mandatory temperature checks and masks, lots of PPE, social distancing, rigorous cleaning, operating cashless, etc.
- Cutting men’s hair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cutting straight hair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Atlanta, GA 30306 (Required)
- Georgia Barber’s or Cosmetology (Required)
- Have you ever worked in a men’s grooming facility before where men’s haircuts, beard and moustache trimming and shaping and bald fades are common practice? Yes or No, please elaborate.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.